Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Bed bugs

One of the things you have to deal with in third world countries are bugs!  We haven't really had issues with any except for tiny ants and milipedes, until now.  We live in a two bedroom apartment.  One of the rooms we use for storage.  Last week, we were waking up every morning with two or three bites each.  We could even feel things crawling on us while sitting on the couch, in the living room, but couldn't see them.  Bed bugs are a big deal around here, so we started checking for them.   We checked in the seams and folds of the mattress, on the floor in all the cracks and crevices for any evidence.  We even put the legs of our bed in peanut cans filled with permethrin.  Permethrin is a strong insect repellant that you mix with water, so it's pretty potent.  We didn't see any traces of them, but we treated everything anyway.  The young missionaries have to deal with bed bugs constantly because they live out in the bush areas.  They are hard to get a handle on if you don't clear them up right away.  Oh, the joy's of living in the jungle!  Stephen, the apartment manager, is wondering if the housekeepers could be transporting the critters as they clean.  They have been instructed to leave their supplies outside the apartments as they clean.   We always have tiny, little ants around.  I will be sitting on the couch using the computer and  one or two will crawl across the screen.  I'm sure we've eaten many, no big deal though, it's just extra Protein.

Poor Sister Tucker, she's "in trouble" again at the ward!  Ha Ha!  We were in primary last Sunday trying to keep the kids under control, and there was a little guy, who is only about two, that was causing all kinds of trouble.  He should be in nursery at that age, but they'll go where ever they want.  We were getting ready to say the closing prayer, he was just laughing and hitting and being a little stinker, so sister Tucker took hold of his arm and put him out in the hall.  His dad was out there, so no big deal right?  Well, later on that afternoon, while taking a nap, her phone rang.  It was his mama.  She unloaded on poor sister Tucker!  She accused her of putting him out in the hall crying and much more.  Sister Tucker couldn't get a word in edge wise to let her know what happened.  This gal speaks good english, so she knew what was being said.  She just yelled at her and hung up.  She called me up to tell me about it, I told sister Tucker that I would try to talk to her and hopefully smooth things out.  We're both good friends with her, hopefully she will listen.  
It's been a week now since the blow up with sister Tucker and the other gal in our ward.  Sister Tucker was worried about confronting her.  She got to church ahead of Greg and I.  When we walked into sacrament meeting, sister Tucker came over to us all shook up.   She said as she walked into the  church, she was confronted by her again, and she let her have it again, in front of everyone.  She was so humilitated.  I told her I would try to talk to her after sacrament meeting.  After sacrament meeting I was able to talk with her and help her to see that anger towards someone destroys your spirit and that forgiveness and understanding is the only way to work this out.  We had a real good talk.  She became very tearful and said that she was willing to forgive her.  I told her we would all get together after church and work it all out.  I let sister Tucker know that it was all going to work out, she was so relieved.  After church I got the two of them together and apologies were made .  The bishop called us all into his office to talk about it.  The problem was, we couldn't understand most of what he was saying???  There was a good spirit in the room though.  I think everything will be alright :)

I got my hair cut the other day.  Let's just say I can't wait to get a nice, professional cut.  Like I've said before, I'm sure they've learned on the internet, because I've never seen the techniques they use!!  I just close my eyes and hope for the best.  When I tried to style it the next day, I could see the sides weren't even.  I called back to see if I could come back in to be evened out.  Jamie, the hairdresser, wasn't happy to see me again, but at least my sides are sort of even!  

It's been raining for two days straight.  Our apartment flooded once, so we're keeping a good eye on the water.  It's winter here, so we welcome the cool air especially when we play pickleball!   It feels like fall in the U.S., soooo lovely!  It's nice, it's in the 70's.   I don't think I've ever attached  pictures of our apartment, so I will in this post.




President Granger just sent two missionaries home the other day.  One for being persistantly disobedient, and the other just didn't want to be here anymore.  It can be a hard mission here, especially for the young missionaries.  They have to be willing to live in some not so comfy conditions such as; no A/C, bed bugs, no hot water and more.   Most of them do very well though, I don't hear alot of complaints.  A couple of the young men that got transfered to the island of Merelava (verrrrry basic) were really excited.  They loved roughing it and didn't mind harsh conditions, they were  Americans boys.  I'm sure it was like intense scouting. 

President Granger asked me the other day if I would get more of his filing all ready to go for the next mission president.  The Granger's really want things to be ready for the next mission president.  When they came to the mission, they didn't have much to go on.  It sounds like they had to reinvent the wheel so to speak.  He and his wife did a fantastic job, we'll miss them.  The new office couple should be here in July, they are the Davidson's replacement.  I'll close for now, as always we hope everyone is well.  We love and miss you tomas (so much).  Love, Greg and Ann

10 comments:

  1. Your apartment looks great compared to ours. I know exactly what you are talking about little ants. We spray for them but they come back. I have put out traps but I find them in the sugar, flour everywhere we don't throw out the food.I put it in the freezer. But you don't mind killing them with your hands. We were warned last week at the temple to keep our eye out for head lice. Apparently a lady showed up and someone caught it before she went to far. Living in the tropics has an interesting list of critters and they get BIG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not use all of these Private Money Lender here.They are located in Nigeria, Ghana Turkey, France and Israel.My name is Mrs.Ramirez Cecilia, I am from Philippines. Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal or business loan?contact Fast Legitimate Loan Approval he help me with a loan of $78.000 some days ago after been scammed of $19,000 from a woman claiming to be a loan lender from Nigeria but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $78.000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial Email (Jamesericurgentloanoffer@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a pretty nice apartment. It's the bugs you don't want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Brothers and Sister all over the world, I am Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada ; i was in need of loan some month ago. i needed a loan to open my restaurant and bar, when one of my long time business partner introduce me to this good and trustful loan lender DR PURVA PIUS that help me out with a loan, and is interest rate is very low , thank God today. I am now a successful business woman, and I became useful. In the life of others, I now hold a restaurant and bar. And about 30 workers, thank GOD for my life I am leaving well today a happy father with three kids, thanks to you DR PURVA PIUS Now I can take care of my lovely family, i can now pay my bill. I am now the bread winner of my family. If you are look for a trustful and reliable loan leader. You can Email him via,mail (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Please tell him Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada introduce you to him. THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. traitement punaises de lit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information. pest control

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish more authors of this type of content would take the time you did to research and write so well. I am very impressed with your vision and insight. disinfection service dubai

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is a really good article. You make this information interesting and engaging. You give readers a lot to think about and I appreciate that kind of writing disinfection service dubai

    ReplyDelete

It’s hard to believe

We left our home away from home on Wednesday, 4 Oct, without a hitch.  It was smooth sailing all the way home.  We landed in Fiji, then on ...